Monday, August 8, 2011

President - Lion Linda Gregory's July Message

Lion Linda K. Gregory
Another Lion's year has begun!  These are exciting times for me as I begin my first term as the President of our club. It is my hope that each of you are as excited as I am and are looking forward to this next chapter in the life of our Lions Club.

My goals for this year are simple. I would like for us to be an active presence in our community, making a real difference in our part of the world. I would like for our club to be such an example of Lionism in Newport News that we attract new members, which enables us to make an even greater impact upon our city. And I'd like for us to have so much fun while we serve that our joy is contagious!

On Monday, July 4, we met for our regular dinner meeting night. Rather than meeting at Angelo's, however, we decided to have a cookout.  It was wonderful idea!  The food was great, the conversation was interesting and, best of all, the rain held off long enough for dinner to be eaten!  Eventually we were forced inside by the weather, where our club officers for this year were installed. Many thanks to Lion Ray Duke for the wonderful installation service.

The next few months will be busy ones for our club. On August 6 and 7 we will hold a PediaVision screening at Patrick Henry Mall. In September we will participate in Denbigh Day. On October 22 we will hold a White Cane at Harris Teeter on Warwick Blvd.  Busy months, indeed!

I am looking forward to this adventure with you.

Linda Gregory

President, Newport News Lions Club 2011-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment